After last week’s sad list, I amped it up for this week. My success this week was in part due to the Easter weekend – we didn’t have time for groceries, so I had to make do with what we had on hand.
- Chili – this was a lifesaver one day when I didn’t have any leftovers for lunch!
- Italian sausage – used in a pasta dish
- Paneer – used in an indian peas and cheese dish
- Green peas – used in an indian peas and cheese dish
- Fesenjan sauce – used in a pulled fesenjan dish
- Chicken breasts – used in a pulled fesenjan dish
- about half of the pierogies
My highlight of the week was the pulled fesenjan. With the sauce pre-made, all I had to do was throw the chicken breasts into the slow-cooker with the sauce in the morning. I came home to a fully cooked dish, that only required a little manual shredding, some rice and a vegetable side. Very nice!
Now for the shameful waste. I forgot to include this stuff last week, so the list is a bit bloated.
Shameful waste tally:
- a half a chayote
- a couple of old avocadoes
I was sad to have to throw these things out; there was really no reason for the waste. These are ingredients that we enjoy, that we were using up quickly over the last few months. My guess is that I haven’t made any tacos from my Mexican cookbook lately, and therefore the chayote and avocadoes were neglected. Boo!
This month, cleaning will ensue!
Delicious, delicious cleaning!